With Easter right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to enjoy some sweet treats! These desserts are perfect basket-fillers that will make kids’ taste buds go wild! Check out these treats and their recipes below:
Peanut Butter Easter Eggs (allrecipes.com)
- 16 oz. package of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 8 (1 ounce) squares of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of shortening
- In a mixing bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar,peanut butter, butter and milk (if needed for moisture) until blended. Shape mixture into two 1/2 pound eggs or make a bunch of smaller eggs. Freeze eggs for 1 hour.
- While the eggs are freezing, cut semi-sweet chocolate into small pieces and place in top of double boiler with shortening. Melt over medium heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Stick a long-tined fork in top of each peanut butter egg, dip it in melted chocolate to cover then drain on waxed paper. When the eggs are cooled and set, decorate the eggs to suit your fancy.
Chocolate Covered Bunnies (allrecipes.com)
- 10 wooden pop sticks
- 10 marshmallow Easter bunnies
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of multicolored sprinkles
- Insert a wooden stick into the bottom of each bunny. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place the chocolate chips into a glass bowl, and cook in the microwave until just melted, about 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate until smooth.
- Dip each bunny into the melted chocolate until coated on all sides, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles to decorate. Place into the freezer until the chocolate has set, about 5 minutes.
Cookie Eggs (allrecipes.com)
- 1 pound of chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound of vanilla-flavored candy coating, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed cookies and cream cheese to form a stiff dough. Roll into balls and dip with a fork in melted candy coating. Let rest on waxed paper until set.
From us at Artistic Confections, happy baking and happy Easter!